Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Piecing it Together.

This little cutie wants to help me...


I didn't realize how hard it was to lay out and piece together a quilt with an infant who can't keep his hands off anything...I can't wait until he's crawling...I have a feeling my sewing projects might be shoved to the back burner once that starts!


This is Meaghan's quilt so far.  I have sewn 3 rows together so far.  I am stuck on what to use for the binding...any of you quilters out there got a good idea for me?  The back is going to be the Michael Miller Ta Dot in the Ocean {the turquoise one in the picture}  For the binding I was thinking about doing the blue check {Anne Kelle Remix} or the green check...not sure how that will go with the back? AND....if you know of a good, not confusing tutorial for binding/bias tape...please send it my way!! :)

4 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

What about that great orange? It will really make the small touches of orange on the front pop.

Ashleys Under the Stars said...

Going to be so cute, and what an absolutely adorable little helper you have there! PS, Love the suspenders, they were a huge hit!

Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

I wish you lived closer so you could teach me to quilt! I want to make one for my son but haven't the slightest clue how!!

Jennie said...

Thanks for your advice Jenny...as you can see I took it!! :)

And Lauren, I wish you lived closer too, although I just started too...so we'd really be learning together..I am still learning on the binding, thats the hardest part for me! :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...